Cranberry Salsa… not your ordinary salsa!
My husband and I are hosting Thanksgiving for the first time this year… yep, the newlyweds are excited to play with all of the fancy kitchen gadgets our friends and family gave us for wedding presents. I think they are excited not to be cooking this year!
We’ve been thinking up a Thanksgiving menu… scouring cookbooks, blogs, and pinterest.
Of course though, we have to make things and test them before we serve them to our guests.
Today, I am sharing with you a winner!
Cranberry Salsa! (printable recipe here)
- 12 ounch package of fresh cranberries
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sugar (you may add more or less, depending on your taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- the juice of 1 lime
1. Add the cranberries and jalapeno to the food processor. Pulse until the cranberries are chopped, but still chunky (more chopping to come!).
2. Now add the remaining ingredients and mix together until it is pretty fine, but there are still some chunks in the salsa.
This recipe was adapted from a bruschetta recipe (found here)… however, when we tasted it we thought it tasted better with tortilla chips!
Also, bruschetta takes up oven space.
And we all know oven space is always the limiting factor in Thanksgiving cooking.
That made this salsa a win!
It’s definitely not your average salsa… but since I live in California, I get sick of the average pico!
I’ve linked up with The Scoop! Visit Confessions of a Plate Addict blog,Tablescape Thursday at ‘Between Naps on the Porch’, Wow us Wednesdays! at Savvy Southern Style, Open House Party at no minimalist here,Feathered Nest Fridayand Autumn Abounds Party at French Country Cottage, Seasonal Sundays & Oh the places I have been at The Tablescaper, andlife of the party at the grant life, and the style sisters