Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
I LOVE pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. But Starbucks keeps raising their prices so I can’t keep going there for my craving. So I searched for hours looking for a low-fat “skinny” pumpkin spice latte recipe.
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte –printable recipe here
Adapted from this recipe
Ingredients (makes 1 latte)
- 1/2 cup fat free mik
- 1/2 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 2 packets of Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of strongly brewed coffee (OR 1 lungo espresso pod from Nespresso)
|Ingredients with my Fortissio Lungo Nespresso pod and my Nespresso maker|
- In a saucepan, whisk together mik, pumpkin, and Splenda on medium heat.
- Once steaming, mix in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Now whisk quickly so it develops a nice foam.
- Add to coffee.
- You may add whipped cream to the top with a dash of pumpkin pie spice, but hey, I thought this was a skinny latte?
- Enjoy. You just saved $5 and 250 calories from Starbucks.
To save the canned pumpkin, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge. May store for up to 5 days.
Estimated calories: 50! Basically calories from the fat free milk and a tablespoon of pumpkin! Compare that to 300 at Starbucks!