Banana-nana Walnut Bread!
I’m sharing with you a recipe for banana walnut bread. It is GOOD. I brought the bread into work… it was gone in about 2 seconds.
|Finished product! Cooling down… I’m drooling waiting for it to cool.|
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- 3-4 very ripe bananas, smashed. (I had used old bananas that I had frozen; let them thaw and then smash them up).
- 1/3 cup melted salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten (I actually used egg whites instead. Still turned out great)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the melted butter into your smashed bananas.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and spices.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour. Mix everything well.
- Stir in your walnuts last. (You may omit if you don’t like walnuts)
- Pour mixture into oiled 8×4 inch bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until the tester comes out clean.
Cool and serve! YUM!
Mixing the bread in the Kitchen aid mixer!
|Cooking in the oven! Doesn’t look like much yet.|
|All done! Too hot to eat!|
|Ready to eat! Imagine the smell of freshly baked banana bread… yummmmm|
Now go make some banana bread!
I’ve linked up with The Scoop! Visit Confessions of a Plate Addict blog, Tablescape Thursday at ‘Between Naps on the Porch’,Wow us Wednesdays!at Savvy Southern Style, Open House Party at no minimalist here, Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage,Seasonal Sundays & Oh the places I have been at The Tablescaper, andlife of the party at the grant life, and the style sisters, and ThursdayFavorite Things Blog Hop