Have you ever heard of a Zoku slushie maker? I hadn’t either… until one day I found one at Williams-Sonoma! I was hesitant about the product, but decided to get two and play with them at home.
|Zoku slush and shake maker|
the verdict: I love it!
So, how does it work?
You take the inner cup and put in the freezer. It needs about 8 hours to cool down.
When you are ready to make a slushie, take it out!
Now what? Start to make your smoothe in the blender as usual. But do not add the ice! Blend the ingredients, then pour them into the slushie cold part. Now you wait. Let it start to freeze, then you use the little spoon and scrape down the sides of the cup. What happens is that the smoothies freeze, but you don’t have to add any ice to it! It takes about 5 minutes to have everything frozen to slush consistency!
What you end up with is a much richer tasting smoothing. No ice melt to dilute it down!
|best root beer float ever|
I’ve used it to make:
- Copycat Dole Whip pineapple smoothies recipe is here
- root beer floats (the BEST root beer float I’ve ever had!)
- iced lattes (fantastic, no ice to water down your coffee!)
- all sorts of fruit smoothies
- frozen yogurt
- frozen lemonade
- frozen orange crush vanilla floats
|orange crush vanilla ice cream shake|
I’ve read some of the reviews about it. Here are some negative things that people say:
- “The size is too small” – to which I say, you probably shouldn’t really be eating more than 8 ounces of ice cream anyway, so it’s excellent portion control.
- “It takes too long to freeze” – to which I say, keep it in the freezer at all times. Then it’s always ready for use.
- “This thing is pointless. You have to use a blender anyway, so why not just blend the smoothie per usual?”- to which I say, this makes more concentrated smoothies… no need for ice to water things down! The smoothies are also smoother. No ice crystals.
|Copycat Dolewhip pineapple smoothies|
Now, do I NEED this product? No. But now that I have it… I absolutely love using it. Maybe you would too.
You can purchase it at Williams-Sonoma.
Note: I did not receive any compensation in anyway for this product review. I did it all on my own.