I was shopping at Trader Joe’s and came across these beautiful multicolored carrots in the produce section. I knew I had to take them home and make something yummy with them.
|Autumn Roasted carrots- perfect for Thanksgiving|
This recipe is nice and simple. These carrots would work really well as a side dish for Thanksgiving or other meals this Fall.
- Carrots, approx 3 per person
- 1tbsp Honey
- Thyme or Rosemary
- Peel the carrots. Cut the carrots in half, length wise. You can leave the green on them if you want; I chose to cut mine off.
- Place a pan over high heat with a little bit of water covering the bottom of the pan.
- Add the carrots with a little bit of butter into the pan (the amount of butter depends on your personal tastes. I probably added 1 tbsp for 8 carrots).
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to the pan (I sort of drizzled it over the carrots)
- Cover the pan and let the carrots simmer until tender.
- Cook until water almost gone and the carrots look glazed with the butter and honey.
- Sprinkle some thyme or rosemary on top and prepare to serve
I used the multi-colored carrots because they look prettier. You can make this recipe with the regular orange carrots as well. The different colored carrots each have a slightly different taste.
Written at http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com