After baking madeleines this week, maybe you want to eat something a little bit lighter. This recipe is perfect for snacks and for football snacking! It’s baked zucchini fries! They are pretty tasty and are pretty low in fat and calories!
|Baked Zucchini Fries|
- approximately 1/4 c flour (just enough to cover the zucchini sticks)
- 1 c panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4c parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning blend
- 1 egg
- Cut your zucchini into strips about 1/3 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Toss the zucchini in bowl with the flour and salt.
- Now, in a separate bowl combine the panko bread crumbs, cheese, and italian seasoning.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg.
- Take a floured zucchini strip and dip into the egg wash, and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the zucchini strips either directly on the wire rack OR a cooling rack (that is oven safe) and bake. I recommend having a baking pan underneath to catch some drippings. You could also just bake on a baking pan, but one edge will get soggy. Honestly, it still tastes good.
- Bake them 14-16 minutes, until golden brown.
Helpful hints: try to cut your strips as uniform as possible to ensure they all bake evenly around the same amount of time.
|Baked Zucchini fries|
Written at http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com