I have a delicious Spring pasta recipe for you today! It contains pretty Spring greens and the creamy sauce is made from… avocado! (I know that sounds weird, the husband was skeptical, but then loved it!)
|Spring Pasta Recipe with pears, asparagus, and avocado!|
Spring Pasta Recipe – printable recipe here
- Angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Sauce…
- 1 avocado
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- the zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the asparagus to the same pot and cook for 4 more minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until it is smooth.
- In another pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook 2-3 minutes, until soft. Then add the peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until they are hot.
- In a bowl, mix together the pasta/asparagus, peas/shallots, and the sauce. Enjoy! Serve with some delicious homemade pain d’epi bread!
Written at http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com