If you were reading the blog earlier this month I accidentally published this post on Wednesday with my Christmas tree post! Oops!!
This year I got this cool new toy that lets me make these cute little spritz cookies… it’s this neat cookie press. Have you ever used one before? It’s super easy to use. These cookies took 1 hour from start to finish and I made a TON of them!
You can make them in all sorts of different shapes. I made them in a Christmas wreath, tree, and snowflake. I didn’t think to add food coloring to them until I was on the last batch of Christmas trees.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- food coloring
- candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 400F (I actually used 375F on convection bake). Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamed together
- Stir in flour, salt, egg, vanilla extract, and food coloring.
- Place dough into cookie press. Press the cookies onto a cookie sheet. Decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes until set but not browned. Remove cookie sheet and cool on wire rack. If desired, you can freeze the cookies once they are *completely* cool for later consumption
linking up at: The Scoop! Metamorphosis Monday’s Inspire Me Tuesday Wow us Wednesdays! Share Your Style Thursday Favorite Things, Home Sweet Home Feathered Nest Fridays Foodie Friday & Everything Else
Written at http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com