On the Blog
This week on the blog I have totally redesigned the website and I have updated my logos to better reflect about how I am feeling about Peonies and Orange Blossoms. I wanted it to be more whimsical. Now my love for 18th century French things is better displayed!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
I’ve bought a new indoor spin bicycle and I am so excited because it is arriving today!!! I used to live right next to a gym and I would go to spin class 3-4 times a week and I loved it. Then I fell off the bandwagon for several years but NOW I’m reading to hop back on the bike! This time I bought some real cycling shoes (I bought these ones) and I’m so excited to use them! I can’t wait for my bike to arrive!!! Are you into spinning? Let me know, fellow spinners.
Last year I wrote about my Top 10 favorite beauty products. I realized I skipped a few things. So let’s have beauty chat, okay?
Favorites I use *every day*
1. Aveda “Shampure” Shampoo and Conditioner- I *LOVE* this stuff. I have really fine hair and often times shampoos and conditioners leave my hair feeling like there’s still soap inside. This stuff is wonderful and it smells fantastic. I alternate between Shampure and their Rosemary & Mint Shampoo and Conditioner! The rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner make me feel like I’m at a relaxing spa, but it gives my fine hair a little bit of body!
2. L’occitane almond oil body wash – I have eczema and a lot of soaps leave my skin super dry. This almond oil body wash leaves my skin moisturized.
3. Aquaphor– As I said above, I have eczema. There are tons of expensive lotions and creams out there for this, but Aquaphor works the best, is doctor recommended, and it is very cheap! A little goes a long way.
4. Essie Gel Setter Top Coat – Gel nails are expensive. This top coat gives you the look of gel nails but for at home. top coat is regular nail polish but it makes my manis and pedis last a lot longer. This is the best top coat of nail polish I have ever purchased and I will 100% buy it again!
1. Nars Illuminator Liquid – I’ve been thinking about this for a while as I *love* their blush. Does anyone else use this? If so, leave a comment!
2. Oribe Texturizing Spray – I have literally read hundreds of reviews about this product, but it’s expensive so I haven’t bit the bullet yet on this. It’s supposed to make your hair amazing, give the perfect amount of texture and volume without feeling like you have product left in!
3. Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow – Obviously these are hugely popular as they have 3 total color palettes now. I’ve looked at them for a long time but my eyeshadow seems to be lasting *forever* and I can’t justify buying new eyeshadows until at least *one* of my palettes is out!
Do you have a favorite beauty product not mentioned? Leave me a comment!
On the Web
Chanel showed their Resort 2017 collection this past week. I love looking at pictures of fashion shows. I always pretend like I have an unlimited budget and pretend like I’m shopping. Do you do that?
Anyway, for this collection, I’m not quite so obsessed with the clothes as I am the shoes. I would like a pair of all of the shoes (except the sandals). Look at the shoes below!
Look at these shoes! J’adore!!
If I had an unlimited clothing budget, I would wear this whole outfit…
I thought this dress seemed both formal but lightweight, perfect for a Summer gala!
This gal looks like she’s going on vacation. I like how a deep cut v-neck dress is worn with a blouse – makes it more modest and wearable for the rest of us non-models!
If you wish to see the entire collection, visit Vogue (click here). The pictures are all from Vogue.
Isn’t this just the cutest little French store?? This IGer, @Chrissen, is a photographer in France and takes very pretty pictures. If you love pretty French pictures, you should follow him! And maybe follow me too? @LePetit_Macaron
Are you following Peonies & Orange Blossoms on social media? Join the community…
Written at http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com