It’s PEACH season and I’d love to say we have peaches coming out of ears like last year BUT the birds have been eating them like CRAZY this year.
I would put up a net to protect the peaches but I did that for the cherries and a bird got caught in the net and died and now I can’t do that ever again.
So we still to have a lot of peaches, but just not AS MANY as last year. But we still have enough to make a tart!
The peaches we grow are from the “free stone” variety of peaches – meaning the peach pit comes out of the peach much easier than the “cling” variety of peaches. The cling variety of peaches are what you get in the grocery story- they ship much better and are less susceptible to bruising. BUT the free stone peaches are much sweeter (and therefore bruise) but they are much tastier than any peach you will find in the store!
Peach Honey Tarts
printable version here
1 pre-made pie crust
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup honey
1 cup heavy whipped cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
peaches (roughly 1 peach needed per tart), sliced thinly length wise
1. Preheat oven to 410 degrees F. Take your pre-made pie crust and roll it out onto the counter. Place the pie crust over the tart pan (my tart pans are 4″) and then gently push the pie crust into the tart pan mold.
2. Using a fork, poke several holes into the pie crust on the bottom of the tart pan to allow steam to escape. I could make four 4″ tarts with this.
3. Bake tart crust for approximately 11-14 minutes until lightly browned and then set aside to cool to room temperature.
4. Using a mixer, whip the cream cheese and honey until well combined and set aside.
5. In a different bowl, whip the heavy cream with the powdered sugar until you have whipped cream (or you can use one of these awesome tools to make your whipped cream!)
6. In the cooled tart shell, spread the honey cream evenly. Then spread a layer of whipped cream. Arrange the peaches in any pattern you desire
7. Serve immediately.
You want to make this tart extra decadent? Make some honey ice cream and serve it on the side!
Oh, and as for honey, this Orange Blossom Honey from Savannah Bee Company is seriously the best honey EVER!
|peach honey tart|
I’d love for you to leave a comment or a follow on a social media!
linking up at: amaze me monday The Scoop! Make it Pretty Monday Lou Lou Girls BNOTP Mon Inspire Me Tuesday Wow us Wednesdays!Share Your Style Thursday Favorite Things, Creative Circle, Thoughts of Home Home Sweet Home Feathered Nest Fridays Craftberry Bush Foodie Friday & Everything Else Best of the Weekend Share it One More Time
Written at http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com
This post may contain affiliate links.