This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
With the last days of Summer (and strawberries), I thought I’d bake something with strawberries! I received this tart pan for my birthday and I have only used it once! So I have been dying to dig it out again for *something* and with strawberries on the brain, I began dreaming of strawberry pistachio tarts and voilà! Here we are.
What I love about baking tarts is that they come out looking fancy and beautiful and they really aren’t THAT HARD to make.
So what I’m saying, if you have guests, you can impress them with a tart.
Plus, a fruit tart is a nice refreshing dessert. It isn’t too heavy like cakes but is fancier than a cookie!
Strawberry Pistachio Tart Recipe
printable version HERE
recipe adapted from epicurious
1 pre-made pie crust
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup ground pistachios
1/4 cup honey
1 cup heavy whipped cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 pint strawberries, washed, dried, with stems removed and diced in half vertically
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 410 degrees F. Take your pre-made pie crust and roll it out onto the counter. Place the pie crust over the tart pan (my tart pan is 9″) and then gently push the pie crust into the tart pan mold.
2. Using a fork, poke several holes into the pie crust on the bottom of the tart pan to allow steam to escape.
3. Bake tart crust for approximately 13-15 minutes until lightly browned and then set aside to cool to room temperature.
4. Using a mixer, whip the cream cheese, ground pistachios, and honey until well combined and set aside.
5. In a different bowl, whip the heavy cream with the powdered sugar until you have whipped cream (or you can use one of these awesome tools to make your whipped cream!)
6. In the cooled tart shell, spread the pistachio cream evenly. Then spread a layer of whipped cream. Arrange the cut strawberries with the tips pointing up, in a circle starting on the outside first.
7. Sprinkle the tart with chopped pistachios and serve immediately.
You don’t have to use a pre-made pie crust to make your tart shell. I was just too lazy to make my own. If you want to make your own from scratch, this is the recipe I ALWAYS use. For those that are curious,this is the tart pan I used.
So really, this tart is easy to make especially if you use pre-made pie crust. I used the ones from Trader Joe’s and it is pretty good.
I’d love for you to leave a comment or a follow on a social media!
linking up at: amaze me monday The Scoop! Make it Pretty Monday Lou Lou Girls BNOTP Mon Inspire Me Tuesday Wow us Wednesdays!Share Your Style Thursday Favorite Things, Creative Circle, Thoughts of Home Home Sweet Home Feathered Nest Fridays Craftberry Bush Foodie Friday & Everything Else Best of the Weekend Share it One More Time
Written at http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com
This post may contain affiliate links.