I thought I would share with you today one our favorite salads! My husband and I eat this salad frequently and I thought I’d share it with you all today! We used to eat this salad at our favorite lunch spot in St. Louis – Companion Bakery… but when we moved we couldn’t take the salad with us… so we copied it!
This recipe doesn’t have a lot of measuring… if you need more you add more. Just add until it looks “right” to you. Usually each person gets 1-2 handfuls of salad mix.
Ingredients – serves 4
- several handfuls of Spring salad mix (or spinach tastes good too)
- 6-10 fresh strawberries, diced (number of strawberries depends on size)
- crumbled blue cheese – as much as you want
- diced pecans – as much as you want, if you’re feeling decadent you could caramelize them!
- 1/4 red onion, diced (to decrease onion taste, rinse chopped onion in water!)
- Brianna’s strawberry vinaigrette
Directions (there aren’t many)
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix!
- Add a few of the extra toppings on top for looks. Done!
Yes I know, it’s another salad recipe. I know you don’t want to eat salad. You came here to read about MACARONS! Not salad. Salad is for rabbits.
But I wanted to give a shoutout to this salad dressing which tastes REALLY GOOD on salads with strawberries in it! It’s a blush wine vinaigrette and it’s amazing. FYI I wasn’t paid to rave about this dressing. I just like it.
Think you’re going to give it a try? Do you have a favorite salad recipe with strawberries in it?
Written at http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com
linking up at: amaze me monday The Scoop! 2 Bees in a Pod, Metamorphosis Monday’s Inspire Me Tuesday Wow us Wednesdays! Creative Ways Share Your Style Thursday Favorite Things, Tablescape Thursday’s Your Turn to Shine The inspiration gallery Home Sweet Home Feathered Nest Fridays Foodie Friday & Everything Else Sunday’s Down Under