Decorating with Tulips

I decided last week that I am ready for Spring.  Forget the rest of Winter – show me the flowers!

French Country Spring

Some fresh flowers lighten the mood in any room.  Tulips are in season so that’s what is on display right now.

Below, my dining room has Christmas removed.  For those that follow along, you will notice drapes and a changed mantel vignette.

French Country Spring

I prefer the tulips in their namesake vase – the tulipiere. I wrote about tulipieres here.

French Country Spring

But they look magnificent in any vase – bud vase, crystal vase, pitcher, tulipiere, you name it!French Country Spring

What’s funny about the tulips is how much they’ve grown since day one.  When I arranged them the buds were closed and they were just the height of each level – they have all grown at least 3 inches, some even more and I trimmed them down!

French Country Spring

I have yet to make a Valentine’s Day table… I suppose this is it.  The candles are fake.  They flicker at night time.  I love them!

French Country Spring

One last look at the tulips!  I encourage you to go buy a bunch – they will make the Winter Blues go away!French Country Spring

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

9 Comments

1. February 11, 2018 / 8:31 am

So pretty, Angelina! I’m with you…I’m done with winter, and I am ready for Spring! Tulips are the perfect thing to brighten the winter blues. Enjoy your Sunday!!!

• February 13, 2018 / 4:14 pm

Shannon, Just when I thought Winter was gone (seriously, I had been wearing capris and mules!)…. this week I’m back in my sweaters. Have a happy Valentine’s Day!

2. downraspberrylane
    February 11, 2018 / 2:54 pm

I’ve never heard of a tulipiere…very unique! I bought some votives with the acrylic “flame” this year too, and I love them. Bring on the tulips!

• February 13, 2018 / 4:15 pm

Isn’t the tulipiere pretty neat? Definitely not something you see everyday!

3. February 11, 2018 / 4:19 pm

Beautiful tulip display…I love tulips! I’ve decorated for Valentine’s and used faux tulips that look real. Love your drapes!

• February 13, 2018 / 4:15 pm

Nancy, thank you. I’m thinking about finding a nice faux orchid since I keep killing my live ones!!

4. February 11, 2018 / 9:58 pm

A lovely way to display flowers, I suppose however your decorating mood takes you. Think of those beautiful Japanese Chrysants, giant individual blooms, and the red tulips displayed in the blue and white tulipiere are stunning the tulip display is really a ‘wow’ feature. The green artichoke tulipiere is lovely with the white daffodils, the choice is endless, just enjoy the beauty of them all. As the Northern hemisphere is preparing for Spring we in the South are at the start of autumn, we had a very hot demanding summer with little rain, but richly blessed with good rains lately. Thanks for showing off the tulipiere, I never really liked them before, now I have a better understanding – a perfect way to show off beautiful blooms.

• February 13, 2018 / 4:16 pm

Elize, there are so many flowers that can look great in this unique vase!

5. February 17, 2018 / 7:20 am

Such beautiful container for displaying tulips! Tulips don’t like to be in floral foam, so this is a great way to display them. Thank you so much for sharing at Celebrate Your Story! I am so happy to have discovered your sweet blog.